Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pink Kids 1-Up Hat


I was asked to make a 1-Up hat for a friend of mine. Being a huge gaming household, I gladly accepted this challenge. There are no pre-made patterns on the Internet that I could find, and believe me, I spent days searching. That would have been the easy way out. lol

It took me 11 tries to get this pattern perfect. I made the green one, with patches. To me, it appeared to have bulbous cancerous growths. Ick! Not a fan of sew-on patches....



I made a 2nd green one incorporating the white in to the pattern instead of sewing patches on after. Although I didn't care for it, my boyfriend loved it.  I don't expect him to ever give it back. lol


The tiny spots were too tiny and the big spots were too big. As well, the hat was just too big. Getting closer though.

I spent hours perfecting the pattern and many more making prototypes.

Increasing the size of the circles, decreasing the size of the circles, increasing rows, decreasing rows, adding to the border, removing rows from the border, dots or lines, sc's or sl st's, until I figured it all out. w00t!
 

 I am very happy with the final result. =)

1 comment: